Agency born and bred, with start-up savvy
I have a degree in Multimedia majoring in Online Learning, and for the first 10 years spent my time in the project delivery space, culminating as Executive Digital Producer at Webling Interactive managing a team of 4 Project Managers.
Sensing a shift in the marketplace 6 years ago, I decided to utilise the user centric design skills I had already been championing and specialise purely in the UX space. I begun this journey transitioning to the Coca-Cola Australia account team at Wunderman leading the Share a Coke with a Mate project to international success, followed up with projects across websites, apps, games, experiential & software over 4 years at Webling interactive for Yates, NSW Government, Mattel, HSBC & NRMA.
I am a UX generalist who is just as comfortable facilitating client workshops and managing the stakeholder relationships as I am creating user journeys, personas, wireframing & usability testing.
I strongly believe in project collaboration and achieving a shared project vision among all members in the project team, and as such am often the conduit between the strategy, creative and technical teams.
“We shouldn’t just be designing user experiences, we need to design FOR them", is my UX philosophy.
Freelance UX Consultant
January 2017 - presENt
Lead Instructor at Academy Xi
March 2017 - May 2017
CI am currently the instructor for the 10 week part time UX course at Academy Xi.
Head of UX at Webling Interactive
November 2012 - December 2016
Webling are an independent agency punching well above their weight in the digital space.
Working closely with the Strategy and Project Management teams, I conceptualise the final products with best practice user-centered design tools and techniques to deliver on content & UX strategy, experience maps, user flows, personas, sitemaps, wireframes (using Omnigraffle) and prototypes to exceed client briefs and expectations.
Liaising directly with client stakeholders I have confidence in communicating and presenting usability thinking and solutions in a clear and easy to understand manner.
Weblings' core product is the OneHQ content management system. My role also includes heading up the Product Management team to ensure the best possible experience for our clients and the oversight of feature set rollout.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Facilitating requirements gathering workshops
- Persona development, customer experience mapping & information architecture
- Wireframing & Functional specification of top tier projects
- Oversight of work of UX designers on low-mid tier projects
- Specification of CMS integration requirements
- Product development of internal proprietary products
- Brainstorm champion
- QIC Shopping Centres
- UrbanGrowth NSW
- NSW Government - Department of Premier & Cabinet
- TruBlu Travelling
- Mattel APAC (Barbie / Thomas & Friends)
Highlights to date include:
- The award winning green thumb companion - Yates My Garden app.
- Rollout of OneHQ CMS to 14 shopping Centre Websites including seasonal Gift Finder, Gift Cards e-commerce platform and in centre Digital Concierge.
- MVP launch of www.trublutravelling.com.au. The Agile development of this website will see additional community centric features being rolled out over the following 6 months. Watch this space!
- NRMA Road Smart Kids app
Senior UX Architect at Wunderman
July 2011 - December 2012 (1 year 6 months)
I came on board to head up the production on the Coca-Cola Australia account for the 'Share a Coke' summer campaign. Yes, the one with the names on the bottles that 3 years later is still being executed around the globe. At the projects conclusion I moved to a pure strategy and UX role, working closely with the planners to execute CCA's digital marketing calendar for the following 18 months, and the re-development of the Coke Unleashed loyalty program.
During my time at Wunderman I was able, for the first time, to remove myself from the Project Management sphere and into a more user experience oversight position which had me working with creative teams to evolve brainstorming sessions within the digital space, user research, interaction design, wireframing, prototyping, and liaising with design and development teams across the whole project lifecycle to ensure adherence to best practice UX.
- Coca Cola Australia
- Share a Coke campaign - Cannes Lion
- Coke Unleashed - Rewards & Loyalty program
- Coke Unleashed re-platform both client site website & backend CMS Architecture specification
Executive Producer - Webling Interactive - Sydney
May 2007 – June 2010
As the EP I managed of a team of 4 Digital Producers, including all Project Oversight, resource allocation and project tracking & reconciliation for Webling Interactive.
I was also the senior project lead on on all Interactive projects for AFTRS, CSR (Gyprock & Hebel Brands), Arnotts Australia, Sanofi Aventis, CCA, Solahart and Fuji Xerox.
- Work ranged from display campaigns, eDM production to full website redesign, CMS & social media integration
- Information Architecture & Usability
- Account Service on all projects from Project initiation to post-delivery
Senior Digital Producer - RMG Connect - Sydney
February 2006 – July 2006
- Senior Digital Producer on all Interactive projects for Vodafone Australia. Including the scoping, budgeting and project Management of all online competitions, Promotions, online updates etc.
- Campaign marketing and strategy
- Client liaison
Senior Digital Producer - Euro RSCG Worldwide - Sydney
March 2004 – February 2006
- Producer on all Interactive projects for Kimberly Clark Australia, Volvo Cars Australia and CCA and Corporate Express. Work ranged from online banner campaigns to full website redesign and email newsletter production.
- Overseeing all Digital production for the Sony Australia website and coordinated the integration of above and below the line campaigns.
- High level budgeting, project specification, project planning, risk management, quality assurance and Producer management.
Interactive Producer / Project Manager - Info-Onscreen
Aug 2003 – Feb 2004
- Project Management of high level Websites and Interactive Multimedia applications
- Scoping Projects including project planning, risk management and budgets.
- Copywriting for a variety of mediums.
- Key Clients include Pfizer and Hitachi
Bachelor of Multimedia (Online Learning)
Video Production Certificate from the National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA).
Software & skills
Axure incl prototyping
HTML / CSS
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Project, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel, Access)
Multiple website Content Management Systems
Senior First Aid Certificate
First Aid Instructor
DAN Oxygen Provider
PADI Diving Instructor
Emergency First Response First Aid Instructor (Infant/Child/Adult)
Rural Fire Service volunteer (18 years) - currently Northern Beaches Communications Brigade Deputy Captain